Friday, June 6, 2014

Altered Book

Hello everyone!

I just finished an altered book. It took me about 3-4 days to complete. It had  to be cut, glue dried, paint dried, and once that was all done  put together was the easy part. I knew I wanted it to be purple themed. I knew I wanted to use a digital image from http://cynthialoowho.com/digital-loowho-stamps/ she has some pretty cute stamps. This was a first for me. I loved how it came out. I used my exacto knife to cut each layer of book pages out. This book was pretty damaged when I got it. Pages were falling out all over the place. There were missing pages. So this was big enough to create what I wanted to create.


Materials used

Digi image
Broken Harry Potter Deathly Hallows book (hard cover)
Acrylic paints
Fabric flowers
Paper flowers/Recollections flowers
Resin flowers
Ribbon flowers
bling
Resins
Paper Rolled roses
Elastic headband for closure
3 different kinds of laces
Shabby flowers
Bead/trim picks
Glass pearl
Sealing spray to hold purple paint
Hot glue
Stickles
Martha Stewart colored pencils
Card stock
Ribbon buckles








Please visit http://cynthialoowho.com/digital-loowho-stamps/ and check out her digis. 

I hope that you try something new. Create something that you haven't created or have been wanting to try.  This will be up in my shop soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment